Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Learning Something New....

10/30/10
Went to a Brent Graef clinic on Saturday.  I was only able to audit til noon, but it was enjoyable and I did learn from it.  As I have said in the past, you can learn something from everyone.  Even if it is stuff not to do.  Brent did not fall into this catagory and I plan on using some of the things he taught.  Speaking of the teacher, he was soft and smooth around both the horses and the people.

Smoothness is one of the things I am taking home to work on.  Sometimes I get to going to fast and sudden.  The horses he worked with, at the clinic, really thrived on his smoothness.  So my goal is to be more smooth.  Let each thing I am teaching, to both people or horses, flow into the next.   Working with horses is all about not pushing into their bubble, it's about shrinking their bubble and them allowing you "in".  Flow and smoothness breeds trust and respect.  I would like to be a better horseman, so I am going to work on being smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment