Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Magic - 7/14/11

Trying to catch up on a few updates.

One of the things I noticed as a "hole" in Magic's progress was the lack of confidence she has on her right side.  She reacts to every stimulation over and above to what she does on the right.  I believe that we tend to make a horse right or left handed.  So today I worked on her right side.  Mostly ground work, if I can do something on the ground...I should be able to do it in the saddle.  I mostly, I did direct and drive.  Meaning I asked her to move by giving her direction and driving her hind in thru it.  As the space got tighter, so did her nerves.  So the key is to know when to back off and give her more room.  By the end of the workout, she was better...but this is something that will require some effort and patience to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment