Total Pageviews

Monday, July 11, 2011

Magic - 7/5/11

Every day you should add on to what you did before, sometimes it is not a huge thing you are adding.  Sometimes it is just speeding up the pace of what you did the day before and that is what we did today.  I asked her to offer me more speed and quicker releases than the day before.  Of course if you are asking for more speed, then the releases will be uglier!  But you should try to be consistent with your cues even at a faster pace.  It is also important to build as your go.  I would not have taken everything I did on the 3rd and just walked  into the round pen and told her we are going to take what you learned and push you to a 15 ride horse level.  She would have blown up!  I started out at the same pace, built upon it, asking her to go faster (never faster than a trot) during the driving exercises.  Then I backed everything down to a slower pace before I quit for the day.  Sometimes it is not so much about the quantity of work as it is about the quality of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment