Total Pageviews

Monday, June 24, 2013

Sissy - 6/21/13


I started today with the basics.  If your horse has a solid base, then they always have something to fall back on when they get in a bind. 

We worked on yielding her hind end and getting confident in standing away from me.  Then I started rubbing on her with the saddle pad (what we used to call “sackin’ on out”), basically desensitizing her.  Once she could handle all of that without even twitching, I moved onto the saddle.

She never made a bobble when I put the saddle on (and took it off) several times.  Again, did this until she never even twitched.  Then I let her move out, just discover that she could move with weight on her back.

She handled everything really well.  I even had her jumping over some barrels (the only different between a jump and a buck is intent – if she was going to buck, then when she jumped over the barrels she would have).  This is not to say that she will never buck, just means it isn’t her first option!

All in all, she really did well.

No comments:

Post a Comment