Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Buddy 7/25/14

After four days off and four days in the stall during the day,, Buddy was plenty plenty froggy when we come out this evening.  After he burned off some energy loping circles around me, I did a little groundwork with sticking a string just to see where his head was.  He picked up like we had never missed a day, his energy is just really high. We put the bit in and I worked on the ground just a little, and then I stepped aboard. He acted like we had been doing this forever. We turned some circles just working on following that feel with his nose. He's much better going to the left, while not following real well to the right. He was pushing his shoulder out, but that'll improve with time.

After about an hour, he was pretty wore down and was handling a lot better.  So I swallowed that big lump that was in my throat, leaned over and pushed the gate open.  We both were probably a little bit nervous, but him being a little tired made me feel better.  We walked around outside, I turned him both directions, just getting a feel for him following his nose. We stopped a couple times, and stepped off. End of the day, it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment