Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Sissy - 8/13/13


She started out pretty solid, so I amped up the pressure again today.  We continued to work on the same things that we have done all along, but I asked for more speed while we were doing it.

Instead of walking circles, asking for that soft release, we did it faster.  Not that I haven’t been doing this all along, but today I never asked her to slow down.  If we were trotting circles, and she got in a bind…we continued trotting.  She has to learn to work through some things on her own too.  I helped her through her troubles and she did pretty well.

We also worked in the big pen, expanding on what we have been doing in the past few day.  There was lots of circling (big change for her, no fences close to use as a guide…she had to listen to me only) and asking for that soft release.  She is getting so much better.  During all of this, sometimes I would pull out of the circling and do some long straight lines.  Then back to the circling, then ask for a stop and release.  Then back to circling and so on...

She had a really good day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment