Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sissy - 8/5/13

We had a little bit of a fustrating day today...threw the other front shoe!  I think she stepped on it when I was  asking her to really extend herself.  Sometimes horses overstep when you start asking for extension.  The only good news was that it was toward the end of the work out.  I have the shoer coming and should be back riding at least by Thursday.

About the ride...

She did really well today.  I continued with asking for that soft release at forward motion.  She does really well going to the left, in fact she has started dropping her chin (vertical flexion) as we travel.  To the right, she is willing to give a release...but almost as soon as she releases, she snatches it back.  Wet saddle blankets can cure this little issue.

Like I said, she did really well today.  Rode for about an hour and a half before the shoe came off, but if the shoer can come tonight....we may ride Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment