Total Pageviews

Friday, September 3, 2010

Horsemanship Tip...

Since we finally got some rain, I did not work either of the mares.  So, I thought I would give out some free advice on natural horsemanship.  Take this for what it is...just my way of paying forward.

There are a lot of clinicians using, some or part of some method, of natural horsemanship.  We all learned it from someone else, no one has "come up" with this all on their own.  Some have refined it better than others, but you can learn from anyone.  Even if you learn what NOT to do.  You take what you see, and use the parts that work for you.  Every person learns differently, so every person likes one clinician better than others.  As for me, there are 3-4 of the "big" guys I listen to and take from.  Do I think they are the beat all to end all?  No, I take the parts that work for me and use them.

There are two horseman that I do take for verbatum.  My Dad, Jere Johnson, is one.  He has rode way more horses than anyone I know and gained alot of knowledge from them.  So if he tells me anything about a horse, I listen.  The other was an instructor I had in college, Herb Gerhardt.  He refined and reaffirmed alot of what my Dad taught me.

So, there it is...just my piece....

No comments:

Post a Comment