Total Pageviews

Friday, November 11, 2011

Belle....11/10/11

Since Belle has had 3 days off, I was prudent of me to make sure the ground work is good.  Meaning "how's her mind?"

She is still a little twitchy about anything behind her and as I was twirling my stick and string around, just being friendly with her, I remembered a story I wrote awhile back about learning to handle your tools .  I am much better with mine, but sometimes I still get wrapped around the axel...learn to use the tools you have and if you don't have very good ones, save your money to get you some!

Anyway, I worked her on the ground quite a bit and when she was better than we started...I got on.  We started out in the round pen and worked on flexing laterally and vertically.  She is pretty good laterally, and will get better the more you ride.  Vertically she is a little more challenged, but then again...the more you ride, the easier it gets for her.  Worked inside the pen until I couldn't see anymore and jsut spent a few minutes outside the pen walking around looking at boogers again.  Pretty good day for coming off a 3 day rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment