Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Belle....10/31/11

Another good day today!  I have said that most of horse training is pretty boring to someone watching, unless you know something about what is going on.  It appears boring because it is all about repitition.  Doing the same thing, the same way until the horse understands what you want. 

I said today was a good day because I saw some good progress from Belle.  We worked on stopping and turning again.  I have pretty much stayed with these two items because when I ride her out of the round pen, I want to do both and have it happen fairly easy.  Her turns are going really good, she has her mind on the inside of the turn (meaning her front legs are crossing over, instead of under each other).  She is stopping pretty well too, although there is not much finesse yet.  In the future of her stops, I want her to give to the bit faster.  That's part of the finesse, but not all of it....I will fill in the gaps here as we get to that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment