Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Belle....10/30/11

Exceptional day today!  I'm sorry I did not have a camera available, but my daughters were otherwise  occupied.

Spent a little more time on the ground work than I have in the past couple of days, which was very benificial to her.  I rode today with a long stick tucked under my arm.  I used it as an encouragement for forward movement, so I would have to keep kicking her in the sides.  I want a horse to be sensitive when i put any kind of pressure on thier sides and yesterday I found myself having to kick a little more than I wanted to.  I asked her to trot a lot more than before, but I would squeeze with my cheeks (not the ones on my face) and upper thighs.  If she didn't move, I would tap her in the hind end with my stick.  Did this quite a lot and she was really starting to respond to my seat before rides' end.  Worked on turning at a trot and stopping from a trot, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment