Total Pageviews

Monday, October 31, 2011

Belle....10/29/11

Craig and Cheryl Estes came out today to see the progress on Belle.  I hope they were happy with her advancement.  I personally am very happy, she is not too excitable and to this point seems will to try whatever I ask her to do.

Today I did the ground work (which I will do for probably the next 30 days, just to build upon the foundation) and really the only hole I see is when anything starts slinging around her hind end.  This will change as she grows more confident.  She handled well and is really attentive to any kind of pressure on her mouth. 

A really good day for her...probably the only thing I can fault her on was when I was asking her to trot, she got really agitated.  laying her ears back and biting at my legs.  Which is a red flag that something was bothering her, so I stopped, pulled the saddle back, checked under the pad and checked the cinch.  Once I had smoothed the hair over, I cinched her back up and she seemed to be ok.  If a horse does something that is out of the ordinary for them, there is usually a reason.  Belle was hurting a little and I was slow to adjust to the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment