Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

Belle....10/27/11

We had rain today, praise the Lord!  When I got home the rain had stopped, but it was still overcast and cloudy.  I knew if I was going to get any riding in, I had to do it quick!

As always, I start with ground work.  Right now I am working on desensitizing zone 5.  Which is the area behind her.  She doesn't just bolt and run, but she gets fidgity and wants to move away.  The goal is to be able to swing a rope behind her and it not mean anything unless my body posture says it should mean something.  She is a work in process at this right now.

I worked her in some circles and got a lesson on how slick the ground is after a 3/4" rain.  She slipped and fell, scared her and me!  But she got up (no harm done other than being dirty) and we slowed it down.  When I started riding her, again working slow, we worked on turns and giving to the bit.  If she is truly giving to the bit, then she will step over with her front feet.  Today was a good day for riding, but I didn't get to go as long as I would have liked to.  It started raining again (I AM NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT THE RAIN, we need it!).

No comments:

Post a Comment