Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Belle...10/22/11

I did all of the basics that I have been doing everyday.  The idea is to build on what she learns so that you are always giving her something new.  Sometimes this is day to day, sometimes it is day to week, sometimes week to week.  You have to develope a feel of where your horse is at the moment.

At the "moment", Belle is mentally moving along pretty fast.  I have asked her to give me more and more everyday.  Today, I continued on with the lessons in driving.  This not only teaches her to give to the bit, but also a little about turning.  Now the turns are a little ugly and on the front end, but as she starts handling better we can clean these up.  I also, introduced stopping.  Since she understands releasing on both side, I asked her today to give to both sides at once.  The first time, it confused her...BUT the releasse is the key.  Once she gave me a stop, I released the pressure.  It was not pretty, but it was a stop.

****Sorry, no pictures today!  My daughter Faith was not available to be the photographer****

No comments:

Post a Comment