Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Belle...10/21/11

Started today just like all of the other days.  Belle has handled everything I have thrown at her.  We did groundwork, just like any other day.  The foundation starts with groundwork.  Once I thought her mind was right, we moved on to the saddling.  She handled it really well and I put the snaffle in her mouth, just to let her carry it around for a while.  She chewed and slobbered, but generally took to it well.  After working on the ground, with the saddle this time, I asked her to start giving to the bit.  I would run the lead rope on the off side of her and put gentle pressure on the bit, just asking her to give and turn away from me.  She was going so well with that, I decided to go ahead a drive her a little.  She took to the drving like a duck to water!





No comments:

Post a Comment