Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Belle....11/5/11

Started the day with ground work (you might get tired of hearing that, but that is what you are supposed to do with a young horse), she moved through them pretty well.  So we moved on the the next item of the day.  Yesterday I mentioned a hole with how she was traveling, the pushy shoulder thing.  Today I addressed that by asking her to move away from the fence in the round pen.  Meaning I asked her to travel in straight lines across the round pen.  She got a lot better about staying straight.

When all seemed like it was going well, I asked her to lope.  She picked up the lope slick a you please and acted like I asked all the time.  We loped a little in both directions and she stopped excellent both ways.  THIS was a good place to stop for the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment