Total Pageviews

Monday, November 28, 2011

Belle....11/19/11

Belles last ride!  Craig and Cheryl came today to pick her up.  I hope they were pleased with her progress.

I worked her today starting in the round pen.  I did more ground work than I have done in the past several days.  This was to show Craig and Cheryl some of the things they should be doing before they ride her.  She may be a four year old, but mentally she is still a baby.  TAKE THE TIME IT TAKES NOW, SO THAT IT WILL TAKE LESS TIME IN THE FUTURE!   I can't stress this enough!

We loped circles, trotted long straight lines and showed off her stop.  By no means is she a reining horse, but she does have a pretty good foundation on her now.  Craig and Cheryl can now do what it take to move her to the next level.  That next level is more about what they want to do with her, it should be fun for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment