Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sissy - 7/22/13

Alright!  A week of rain and the grass is green, horses are rested and fresh!  Time to get the ball rolling again!

Since Sissy had basically a week off, I thought it would be wise to start with some basics.  But she had other ideas!  Once we got in the pen she felt so good that she started pitching!  Now I wasn't on her at the time, but I thought it would be a good idea to video this little escapade.  Unfortunately, my technical skills leave a lot to be desired.  I ended up with video of my feet...where is my videographer when I need her?

Once all the fuss was worked out, we did some ground skill basics.  It didn't take her long to get back in the swing of things!  After 30-40 minutes of ground work, I lead her into a hole and stepped aboard.  She never had a bobble.  Stepped out like she has done this all her life, until I asked her to walk in some circles.  Then we had to back up working this from a standstill, to a walk, to a trot and back again.  When she finally got to the point that she was giving laterally at all three paces....it was a good stopping point.

***FYI - you get a little serenade by Faith at the start!***

 

No comments:

Post a Comment