Total Pageviews

Monday, July 29, 2013

Sissy - 7/27/13


It’s important to understand that when I write a shorter post, I am giving a short highlight of what I worked on for the day.  Yesterday I only talked about working Sissy on her right side.  I, of course, did a full workout on her.  From groundwork, to vertical flexion, to lateral flexion and stopping…It’s important to stay with a program (horses like consistency).  Sissy still struggles with releasing to the right side and we will just continue to work on it every day.  She is better than when we started, but not as good as she will be later on.

I worked her on both side with lateral flexion (a soft release), but spent more time on the right side.  She is getting better, but tends to panic a little.  The only solution to this is wet saddle blankets, continue working until she relaxes.

Rode her outside again at the end of our ride.  The first few rides, I generally don’t ask for anything more than just walk straight lines.  She is getting better and as she handles better…I will spend less and less time in the round pen.  The next 11 rides should be really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment