Total Pageviews

Monday, July 8, 2013

Sissy - 7/8/13


Started today a little different.  Did just a few basics, just to see how she would react.  I was on her pretty quick, and she took it pretty good.  Although I think she sorta has a little habit of laying her ears back when I put weight on the left side.  I believe this is from expecting it to hurt when I get on and she will get over this eventually (when she realizes that it doesn’t hurt).

Before I go much further, I want to point out that horses are little like people…we all have a bad day once in a while.  Today wasn’t a good day for Sissy, compared to the last 8.  It was the first full day with just a snaffle and she wasn’t none too happy about the whole situation!  And to be honest…it was her first full day with the snaffle and I did move through some basic stuff pretty fast.  So I'm more to blame than her!

One of the things that I worked on with her was convincing her that a big ol’ girl like her could still move forward while bending her neck just a little.  I think that will be the challenge in the coming days, forward motion.  We spent most of the ride, just working establishing forward motion and then asking for a slight bend…both ways.

She was better at the end than she was at the beginning and that is all you can really ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment